Happy Haus is currently seeking an experienced Residential Architect who will embody our company values of design, quality and cost as equal partners in residential housing.
The successful candidate will be an active member of our team in communicating and representing this philosophy in both our custom designed projects and pre-designed home ranges.
The role has an equal split of client facing and design / documentation orientated work and will encompass the traditional architectural process, albeit, in the Happy Haus model of working within an integrated team of architects, draftsman, licensed builders, manufacturers, project managers and developers. Our multi-disciplinary approach is key to delivering projects on-time and on-budget.
At present we have a range of projects in Brisbane, Gold Cost, Sunshine Coast and Byron Bay. The successful candidate will have oversight of all projects working closely with both our Managing Director and additional Company Director, who is one of Australia’s leading residential architects.
- A belief that mass residential housing in Australia can be better
- Experience in working with client’s to achieve great outcomes
- Be an excellent documenter, coordinator and communicator
- Demonstrated experience in residential architecture
- A respect for the constraints of project budgets.
- Leading the architectural design process including: master planning, sketch / concept design, design development, construction documentation, consultant management
- Team and workflow management
- An applied knowledge of codes and legislation
- Working in partnership with building teams to achieve great outcomes for clients.
- High proficiency in REVIT
- Knowledge of other relevant software eg SketchUp, Office, Adobe CS, Lumion
- Experience in on-site project delivery
- Graduate or Registered Architect
- Employment in Residential Focused Practice
- 5 – 8 years’ experience
- Must have a experience in acting as design lead on projects.
Interested candidates please apply and include:
- Cover letter
- Current resume
- Examples of at least 2 residential projects you have run from start to finish
- Examples of technical detail design knowledge.
More information please contact [email protected]
Applications close Friday 6th July.